Search Natty Style

10.24.2009

STYLE-O-PHILE: Ashley Blanch


Where fashion is determined by designers, editors and industry - style differs in that it is personal.
Style-O-Phile highlights individuals who's style is unique and inspirational. This edition is dedicated to a young beauty with old-world charm: Ashley Blanch.

Name: Ashley Blanch
Home Grown In: Utah
Currently Living In: Williamsburg - Brooklyn, NY
Whistles While She Works As: Retail Manager at Kiki de Montparnasse
NATTY: How would you describe your personal style?
ASHLEY BLANCH: I am always drawn to very ethereal, drapey pieces. Romantic fabrics, muted colors contrasted with colorful or blingy accessories. Denim and silk. Stripped numbers. Rachel Comey shoes. Oh, and I love anything with a bow!
N: Who or what is your fashion inspiration?
AB: If I could, I would look like my mom circa 1978, everyday!  I really love French Street Photographer Garance Dore's blog and any Fassbinder or Godard film.
N: Do you have a rule of thumb when shopping and/or getting dressed?
AB: Never be afraid to change an outfit once, twice, three times a day!
N: What is your favorite look for fall?
AB: Over the knee socks. Cropped jackets (real good for shorties) and goth makeup.
N: Any fashion tips or secrets to share?  
AB: I have always loooved shopping vintage. You've gotta have the patience though, gotta love the hunt to find the treasure!   No.6, Beacon's Closet, Amacord, and the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasedena, CA are some of my faves.

-Natty

No comments:

Post a Comment